The Arts & Cultural Industry Gets Tech Savvy
We’ve done a few posts now on how our Altru clients are using museum technology to market their facility, enhance the exposure of their cause, better their patron experience and deepen their relationships with constituents. Here are the links, if you need a to catch up:
Now we’d like to pass along some stats about tech savvy arts and cultural organizations.
The fourth edition of “Arts & Economic Prosperity” reveals that the industry generated $135.2 billion of economic activity — $61 billion from nonprofit organizations and $74 billion in audience expenditures — in 2010, the most recent year for which data is available. It also generated $22.3 billion in local, state and federal revenue, the report said, and supports more than 4 million full-time jobs. – Source
Check out our infographic for museum specific numbers. It’s large, so you’ll have to click for the full view:
Not keen on reading? We’ve got a video:
Altru, our museum management software is constantly working to take advantage of technology. Membership scanning, print at home tickets, mobile points of sale … what other forms of technology would you like to see us tap in to?
- Team Altru at 2012 AAM Conference – We Are Users, Too!
- Bank of America Picks Up Your Pass with Museums on Us
- How to Get & Keep Volunteers: South Florida Museum Offers Their Advice
- Arts & Cultural Tweets are Now Streaming in the Altru Community
- Arts & Cultural Organizations: Why You Should Be Using Pinterest