Wrapping Text Around Images in Email Messages in Blackbaud NetCommunity
You may have noticed that your email messages can render differently in different email clients. One common problem is that images may not wrap around text (especially in Outlook), so your email appears like this in your inbox:
To ensure images wrap around text in Outlook and other email clients, create a “table within a table” or what is commonly known as a nested table.
If you’re not familiar with HTML, don’t worry. Here’s how you can add a “table within a table” in your Blackbaud NetCommunity email:
1. Click in the place you wish to add the image within your email.
2. Type a unique string of letters that does not appear anywhere else in the email (e.g.: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ). This will make finding the exact cell in the HTML much easier.
3. Click on the “HTML” icon in the first row of icons.
4. Find and highlight the unique string of letters (e.g.: “ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ”). Tip: You can search by pressing Ctrl+F.
5. Erase the unique string of letters (e.g.: “ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ”)
6. Paste the HTML below in its place:
<table cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″ border=”0″>
<td>INSERT IMAGE HERE</td>
7. Click “Update” in the bottom left corner.
8. A new table/cell containing the phrase “INSERT IMAGE HERE” has now been added to your email.
9. Click in your new table/cell and add your image. Erase “Insert image here” wording. (Note: If you’ve already inserted your image, you can drag it into the table.) Your table should now appear like this:
10. Select the table by clicking on its outer edges. Your table should appear like this:
11. Click on the first icon of the second row:
12. On the screen that appears, set the Alignment to “Left” or “Right” (depending on if you want your image aligned to the left or right of your email). Then click “Update” in the bottom left corner:
13. Click Save in the top left corner of your email.
Have questions? Let us know in the comments section below.