Managing Your Recurring Donations’ Expiration Dates
Last week, we let you know about a feature that omitted recurring gifts’ expiration date and allowed gifts to continue to process, even though they show as expired in Sphere. Since then, we decided to restore the function to its original intent and stop the payments once the credit card’s expiration date is reached.
Sphere has historically allowed administrators the ability to manage recurring gifts through the back end. For example, if your board member receives an email stating a payment failed, or you noticed a recurring gift has stopped due to an expired card, you can easily manage the gift and update its expiration date!
If the gift was entered through an event, you can update the expiration date by completing the following:
1. Go to Communities > Forms > Single Step Donation or Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon.
2. Hover over the event name and select Bookkeeping.
3. Select Pending Scheduled Payments.
4. Search for the donor name.
5. Select Detail next to their name.
6. Within the pop-up window, update the credit card information.
7. Scroll down & select Update Payment Information.
Interested in having this functionality added through the front end of your sites so your donors can manage their credit card information and you do not have to? Make your voice heard and vote on allowing donors to update their monthly donations!
- None Found