Updated Teacher Tutorials for Faculty Access for the Web
In the 7.83 release, we decided it was about time to update the teacher tutorials we provide for schools. The tutorials are short, Microsoft Word documents about specific tasks and topics in Faculty Access for the Web. Because they are Word documents, schools can customize the documents before they hand them out to teachers. In the past, we provided a ZIP file of all the teacher tutorials. With this release, we made some improvements to the tutorials.
- Of course we had to update the content! We updated images and instructions based on the new design and features in the program.
- We updated the style and design of the document to be more modern and fresh. However, because we still provide Word documents, you can continue to customize!
- However, we also now provide a PDF version. This version is for busy schools who want a ready-to-use document. The PDF is already styled and can be easily emailed or printed for teachers.
- We now provide two options to access the tutorials. You can still download a ZIP file of the Word document versions or the PDF versions. This is great if you want to quickly download them to your computer to edit or use in your training. However, we also now make available each tutorial as a separate file to download or view. You do not have to use the ZIP file unless you want to. For example, if you want to provide teachers with a direct link to the PDF, you can!
- And finally, the teacher tutorials are on the new Faculty Access for the Web Help page. This page is accessible by anyone (Yes, even teachers!) and optimized for search engines.
And while we’re working on more how-to videos for Faculty Access for the Web, we’re also looking into whether we need more short tutorials on topics important or difficult for teachers. If you have a teacher tutorial topic idea, leave a comment below!