A Blast from the Past! – The Transaction Summary Report for The Patron Edge
This report has been around for some time but I have been recently asked from a few clients on its use/installation so decided to revisit it and cover installation and execution.
The Transaction Summary Report can be added to the CRM and Reports to generate invoices for customers. It can also be run independently and is customisable.
1. Run this script against The patron Edge database – Please have your IT do this or a member of your staff with SQL knowledge.
2. Copy this .rpt file into the Documents folder of The Patron Edge– each workstation running the report will need this file (Program Files/Blackbaud/Patron Edge/Documents).
3. Copy the PECRViewer.exe file from the Patron Edge folder into the Documents folder of The Patron Edge (Program Files/Blackbaud/Patron Edge/Documents).
4. Right click on the PECRViewer.exe file in the Patron Edge folder and create a shortcut within the same folder.
5. Right click on this shortcut and select properties – in the Target box type: “C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\PatronEdge\PECRViewer.exe” BB_TransactionSummary.rpt
If you click on this shortcut the report will now run. Enter a Patron Edge transaction number in the box and an invoice for that transaction will display and can be printed.
Now add it to the admin section of The Patron Edge:
1. In the Patron Edge folder double click on AddMenuItem.
2. Select Reports / Custom Reports from the administration tree and then from the file menu select “add an application”. A ‘New App’ will be created.
3. Right mouse button on the new app and choose edit parameters.
4. In the Application box type: PECRViewer.exe Documents\BB_TransactionSummary.rpt, then OK.
5. Right mouse button on it again and choose Rename – give it a name that will appear in the reports folder.
6. Now close addmenuitem and log into PE and check functionality in PE with the report (administration/reports/custom reports).
To add this report as an application in the CRM portal you will need
access to SQL server. Please backup the database and take correct precautions when executing this part. I cannot give a “one fits all” solution but I will guide you as much as I can:
1. Open a CRM record and expand “applications” and choose a free entry that you will use for the transaction summary.
2. I will use User App 4 (I have 1 and 3 in use) please make sure you use an unbounded user app.
3. Run the following SQL statement against your PE Database.
***This is only an example, please check you are amending to suit your environment and involve your IT or Support if in any doubt**
Once complete you can now run the report from CRM/Applications.
Although the profile section has a named entry for the report, it will still show in CRM as User App 4.
You can change ‘user app 4’ in CRM to whatever by following the steps in Customize Your Language Files.
And the really cool thing? You can edit this report pretty much to suit yourself using crystal reports V8.5 (I would not use any other version to ensure compatibility)
As always this has been tested in the latest version ofThe Patron Edge (3.402) and is backward compatible with older versions. Please execute on a test database or backup you’re live database before starting. SQL scripting and execution is out with the scope of support but please engage support or add comments below if unsure of any steps in this post.