Filling in the Blanks in The Patron Edge
Imagine this scenario: You have started using the ZIP Code Analysis report pretty regularly to decide where to spend your advertising dollars, but you know that some people slip through without having the marketing or ZIP Code information entered by a user and your data could be more accurate. In Patron Edge, you can use the Audit Order Details feature to go back in after the fact and update the records that are missing info.
This is an okay tool on a one-off basis, but the real advantage of it is the ability to globally change things. For example, you have a huge line out the door for the July 4th Extravaganza and you need to get people through the line as quickly as possible. You decide to turn off the requirement to capture a marketing source to trim a couple of seconds per sale. At the end of the day, you know that your recent radio spot was the reason everyone came out to visit but you need to get this into the system for reporting. To add in the information, do this:
1. Go to Administration, Client Management, Audit Order Details
2. Use the filters to get the date range and sale types you need
3. Right-click and choose Select All
4. Click Edit and change the Marketing Source to reflect the spot you aired on WTKT
5. Now run your marketing reports as needed and you’ll have the most accurate information, without having to export to a spreadsheet and then play with the numbers
Have you found any other good uses for the Audit Order Details feature? Share your experiences in the comments.