Using Multiple Interfaces in The Patron Edge Online
Have you ever pondered setting up special “flavors” of your website based on the source site that referred a patron to you? How about a special version of the site for holidays, or even special shows? This is easy to do in PEO by using multiple interfaces.
On the Admin Site under Site Design, Interfaces, you will see all of your current interfaces. If you don’t mess with your site much, there’s probably only one here. To get started, highlight the interface and click the toolbar button to Copy Interface With its Screens. This will make a replica of your site to play with, and won’t break anything in your live environment. To view the site during testing, note the code number beside this interface and add a new argument to your link, like so:
One client made a Christmas edition of his site last year; several of you keep a test interface or two in order to compare possible site designs to each other. How has the multiple interface feature changed the way you run your site? Leave a message in the comments.
- Let’s Get Personal! Dynamic Linking – How to Make the Most of Your Links Back to The Patron Edge Online
- Creating and Linking to Custom Screens in The Patron Edge Online
- File Attachments in The Patron Edge Online
- Deep Linking into PEO from an External Site
- Determine the Effectiveness of an Online Advertising Campaign