Copy and Paste Function for One of Operator in Query
From time to time, you may need to copy and paste a list of values from an external file, such as a spreadsheet, into The Raiser’s Edge. Here’s how to copy from a list into your Query criteria, without having to manually type in each number…
Firstly, open up your file that contains the values and copy the contents of the cells:
Next, open up your query in Raiser’s Edge, select your field from the list of fields available, in this case Constituent ID, and then select the ‘One of’ operator. Single-click to place a cursor in the top row of the Values field, then use the scroll bar to move right down to the last line of the text box, now on your keyboard press ‘Ctrl + V’ to paste the contents of the excel file:
Please note: When you press ‘Ctrl + V’ the values will not appear automatically in the list, however once you press OK, they will then be listed as per the screenshot below.
This is how you would capture constituents in a query if you only have certain data that needs to be used with the ‘one of’ operator. You can do this for other fields, as long as the query asks you to enter values in row form as above.
- The Raiser’s Edge Keyboard Shortcuts
- Best practices for Copying Email Templates in Blackbaud NetCommunity
- Where Can I Find a List of the Column Headers to Use in My Import?
- How to Create a Query from a List of Constituent ID’s, Import ID’s or Social Security Numbers in The Raiser’s Edge
- Today’s Tip: Copy Your Query