INTEGRATION UPDATE: Convio and Blackbaud Quick Wins
Wow, the last month has been a whirlwind! From the Blackbaud “classic” perspective we welcomed an incredible team to our family – going from “Beat Convio” to “Greet Convio.” And from the Convio perspective the team got to see Blackbaud from the inside – going from “Beat Blackbaud” to “Be Blackbaud.” These shifts in perspectives alone are enough to fill a month’s worth of effort just figuring things out.
But our awesome team didn’t stop there. They’ve been hard at work on the three product integration projects Marc (our CEO) promised when we completed the acquisition: “quick wins” covering initiatives that can be decided and planned in 30 days or less; “stronger together” focusing on key areas where when we put our minds together, we know we can plan a better solution in 60 days; and “roadmap vision” delivering a plan to answer the majority of your product roadmap questions within 90 days.
Today, I’m excited to tell you about the “quick wins” the team planned.
Quick Wins Explained:
- Integrate The Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online for release in Q1 2013 to smooth the integration process, reduce constituent duplicates and improve data quality.
- Extend Blackbaud’s complimentary Data Health Check to Convio products by Q4 2012, providing a free service to customers for insights on the health of their data.
- Improve data warehousing and reporting offering for large direct marketers in Q3 2012, developing a tiered offering from self-service to custom reporting with the additional value of strategic consulting services.
- Enable Blackbaud Merchant Services for Convio customers by Q1 2013, offering BBMS as one of the payment processing options, providing a highly integrated, simple, and low-rate option.
- Combine bbcon and Convio Summit for 2012, delivering an exciting customer conference, featuring sessions and expert help for Convio and Blackbaud products and services.
We do not have full details for each project completed. We will keep you informed as we know more on each project. Please add a comment here or send us your feedback via our integration page and we will get you specific details on the projects that interest you. Thanks for your patience as we work through the details.
I’d like to take one more moment of your time to comment on the most asked question around this acquisition: Will we continue a significant investment developing on Salesforce.com’s Force.com platform? The answer is yes. The nonprofit industry needs a diversity of solutions based on the diversity of needs across the industry. Convio’s success in working on the Salesforce.com platform was a key part of our acquisition investment, and we have every intention of continuing to capitalize on that value.
And I’ll end with my plea – please have your voice heard and participate in our Product Discovery process! This integration, like all of our product development, is actively driven by the voice of the customer.
We look forward to the continued dialogue!